The beginning of wisdom, as the Chinese say, is calling things by their right names. (E. O. Wilson, as cited by Elizabeth J. Rosenthal, Birdwatcher: The Life of Roger Tory Peterson)

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Still Can't Walk

August 25, 2010.  Wednesday.
Situation:  I just woke up, and my foot seems a little better, but it’s still difficult to walk on it.  A bump has developed below the instep, and the ankle is swollen; the foot just won’t flex well.  I definitely would not be able to walk behind a lawnmower.  If my life depended on it I could probably make it very slowly down to the creek and back; but since my life doesn’t depend on it, I’m not going to try to take Mway for a walk today.  I have to work tonight, and part of my job involves carrying heavy equipment.  I don’t know how I’m going to do with that; perhaps I can enlist some help; certainly when people see me struggling, someone might lend me a hand.

No comments: