The beginning of wisdom, as the Chinese say, is calling things by their right names. (E. O. Wilson, as cited by Elizabeth J. Rosenthal, Birdwatcher: The Life of Roger Tory Peterson)

Sunday, June 5, 2011

The Pen for Mway

June 5, 2010.  Saturday.
Situation:  Today’s Jazz’s wedding.  Mway will have to spend the day in Ezra’s pen, and I won’t be able to take her for an afternoon walk.  Moi took her out this morning, and upon her return, showed me how her sweat pants were soaked with water from walking through the morning’s wet weeds.

3 comments:

sisyphus gregor said...

You assert something, which to be true it can’t be. In pawing through my books you must have sometime come across a discussion of the Liar’s Paradox: “This statement is false.”

Anonymous said...

Listen, I’m sorry. I’m sorry I used terms a little loosely for rhetorical effect. I’ll never do it again. If you can’t appreciate a little hyperbole, I’m sorry. I’ll go hide now in the corner of the music room. M.

sisyphus gregor said...

Following is an abstract of a recurring event of much of 2010, which had to transpire by the 5th of each month. I do not mention the event in my journal, but I include this abstract, as a framing device, because the event has some sort of relation to the journal’s central action.

Court of the District Magistrate

Commonwealth of Pennsylvania vs. Joplin B. Gregor
Charge: Disorderly Conduct

Amount of Fine: $795.00 Previous Balance: $331.25
Payment received: $66.25 Current Balance: $265.00