The beginning of wisdom, as the Chinese say, is calling things by their right names. (E. O. Wilson, as cited by Elizabeth J. Rosenthal, Birdwatcher: The Life of Roger Tory Peterson)

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Class Ruins Any Chance for a Walk

November 13, 2010.  Saturday.
Situation:  My DUI class runs from 9 to 6, and then afterwards I go to work with Moi.  Looks like there’ll be no time for me to take Mway for a walk today.  As it turns out, the class lets out early and I make it home about 15 minutes before Moi is ready to leave.  Still no time for a walk, but as I’m changing clothes and getting things together, Mway follows me from room to room, staring at me, as if imploring “we’re going for a walk now, aren’t we?  Aren’t we going for a walk now?”

2 comments:

sisyphus gregor said...

The letter “I” is thin. There must be plenty of space left on the page. I’ve seen some of your writing where the letters are very small – almost microscopically small. Try again. I’m sure you can fit more words on the page.

Anonymous said...

But the letter “I” sits there so majuscularly. What are you asking me to do? Squeeze words in beside it? MM.