The beginning of wisdom, as the Chinese say, is calling things by their right names. (E. O. Wilson, as cited by Elizabeth J. Rosenthal, Birdwatcher: The Life of Roger Tory Peterson)

Friday, September 16, 2011

"It was raining"

September 16, 2010.  Thursday.
Situation:  This morning I receive an email for a rush job, so in addition to my work already scheduled for tonight, I have work to do during the day.  I heard Mway barking this morning about the time I was getting up, assumed it was Moi tossing stick for her in the back yard.  I suppose I could have taken her for a walk before I left, but it didn’t make much sense if just a couple hours earlier she was already out, and besides I didn’t have the ½ hour, plus the additional ½ hour to write about it, to spare.  So I tell Moi I won’t be able to take Mway for a walk today.  She tells me she’ll take her for an afternoon walk.  When I get home at 10:30 at night, I ask Moi how her walk went and what she might have to report.   “Oh, I didn’t take Mway for a walk,” she says, “It was raining.”

No comments: