The beginning of wisdom, as the Chinese say, is calling things by their right names. (E. O. Wilson, as cited by Elizabeth J. Rosenthal, Birdwatcher: The Life of Roger Tory Peterson)

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Just Didn't Get Around to It

April 30, 2010.  Friday.
Situation:  Yesterday (I say “yesterday” because I am entering this on Saturday, May 1), I had to work at night but I also had work to do in the afternoon.  Moi had taken Mway out in the morning, and though I intended to take Mway out in the early afternoon, I just didn’t get around to it and finally it was too late and I had to get ready and go out.  So I didn’t have a chance to take Mway for a walk.

6 comments:

sisyphus gregor said...

You state that only the underemployed family dog has the motivation to read. What would “full employment” entail for you?

Anonymous said...

Again, this is not the type of question I’m looking for, but I’ll answer it anyway. In a sense I am fully employed, in that I’m on call 24/7. One never knows when a stranger might come to the door, or a cat might get out of line, and I have to respond to the situation. But as for the actual work I do to earn my room and board, fetching the stick, as well as making the rounds of the property – well, I don’t watch the clock. How long would you say that takes? By the way, what is this “just didn’t get around to it”? M.

sisyphus gregor said...

I’m glad to learn you’re at least still reading my entries.

Anonymous said...

I will always read them. You’re no James Joyce, but they’re still the most interesting thing I’ve ever read. M.

sisyphus gregor said...

I think perhaps, except for your paper, your own writing has become less stiff and formal since you’ve been reading this.

Anonymous said...

More bland, do you mean? M.