The beginning of wisdom, as the Chinese say, is calling things by their right names. (E. O. Wilson, as cited by Elizabeth J. Rosenthal, Birdwatcher: The Life of Roger Tory Peterson)

Friday, February 18, 2011

Wish I Was Wearing Sunglasses

February 18, 2010.  Thursday.
Situation:  Work tonight, have to leave around 3:30.   Take Mway out at 1:30.
State of the Path:  Wish I was wearing sunglasses as soon as I step outside.  The snow is soft today, and for a while it seems easy walking.  But beyond the sumacs, my feet slide a number of times through the powder.  Coming along the other side of bug land, the path is still choppy.  I hear a bird chirping in the sumacs, but can’t see it.
State of the Creek:  More water showing today; some places slush; but still mounds of snow at places, and even snow topped rocks.
The Fetch:  By the time I get to the clearing I am sweating.  Two fetches, and that is all I feel like doing myself.  Inside, my tooth, or teeth, start to ache, affected, I believe, by the cold.  Tomorrow morning I have an appointment for the dentist.

3 comments:

sisyphus gregor said...

And the writing – you do that – when?

Anonymous said...

Whenever you’re not on the computer – usually afternoons and evenings when you’re out or downstairs watching reruns of Seinfeld. Personal computers are a marvelous invention. M.

sisyphus gregor said...

Yes, they are.